The perfect recipe for when you usually reach for potato chips. These Salty Kale Chips are just as hard to say no to, but will be much nicer to your hips. Kale, known as a super food is high in iron, fibre and B vitamins while being low in calories. The perfect snack!
Salty Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale
1-2 dessertspoons Coconut oil
Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 100°
- Wash and dry kale thoroughly.
- Using a sharp knife, slice along the stalk of the kale leaf to remove. Discard stalks.
- Cut the remaining leaf in 2-3 inch lengths. Place kale in a large bowl.
- Soften coconut oil and pour over kale leaves. Scrunch the kale leaves between your hands until well coated with coconut oil and the leaf is slightly softened.
- Add sea salt &/or spices to flavour and toss together.
- Spread the leaves out on a flat baking tray, no more than 1-2 layers thick.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them. Keep an eye on the kale, check every 8-10 minutes as it may need turning or removing early.
- Eat while still hot or let cool to enjoy!
Can be stored in an airtight container in a cool cupboard for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long!).