This Grain Free Granola is our clients favourite recipe and go to breakfasts when looking for a grain free alternative to traditional cereals. A natural hit of sweetness from the cranberries balances the earthy crunch of the nut and seed mix perfectly. Whilst the addition of cinnamon will help balance your blood sugar and prevent cravings. The bonus of healthy fats in the morning will keep you full for longer and help with mood stabilisation throughout the day.
PALEO | GLUTEN FREE | WHOLE FOOD | DAIRY FREE | REFINED SUGAR FREE
Grain Free granola
2 cups of walnuts
2 cups of almonds
2 cups of coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
3 egg whites
Vanilla bean paste
Goji berries or cranberries (to taste)
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 cup cacao nibs
½ cup = 1 serve
- Preheat oven to 120°
- Using a food processor break up nuts into smaller pieces. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then stir in the vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to nut mixture and stir gently to coat nut mix.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray covered with baking paper so it is no more than 1 inch thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes at a time, stirring gently to break it up into smaller chunks for 30-50 minutes in total (the longer it bakes, the crunchier it will be).
- When cool, stir through the remainder of the ingredients and store in the fridge or a cool cupboard.
Will keep for around 4 weeks in fridge in an airtight container.
Your choice of nut or coconut milk, or coconut or natural yoghurt.
*Nuts can be raw rather than toasted, just leave out the egg mixture and do not bake.
*Add the coconut to the nut mixture before baking.